Do you happen to know who Jeff Cox is? I didn’t until I read this post on Mother Jones. Turns out Jeff is the deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana and has apparently a very poor attitude towards Liberals. Last Saturday, Mother Jones, posted on their Twitter feed that riot police were possibly being called in to remove the demonstrators from the Wisconsin capitol building (never ended up happening). Shortly thereafter a user Tweeted a response stating, “Use live ammunition.” Mother Jones research ended up turning up the fact that this particular Twitter user was none other than Jeff Cox.
The writer of the article apparently contacted Jeff about the comment to which Jeff responded, “You’re damed right I advocated deadly force.” He then called the writer a “typical leftist, liberals hate police.” The writer also tracked down Jeff’s blog, posting as Pro Cynic, which has sense been turned off and removed. On this blog the writer discovered a very similar pattern of hardcore conservatism. There are several choice excerpts at the link above.
A spokesman for the Indiana attorney general’s office, Bryan Corbin, responded by stating that Jeff’s statements were “inflammatory,” and he promised “an immediate review” of the matter further adding that they “do not condone any comments that would threaten or imply violence or intimidation toward anyone.” Let’s hope so, at this point its safe to say that Jeff has absolutely no business being in the position he is in, serving our state.
Need further proof that this guy needs to have his position terminated? How about this, Mother Jones sent Jeff Cox an email asking about some of his other Tweets, something he said he would repond to and try to answer, here’s some of the questions they asked.
- What did he mean when he tweeted: “Planned Parenthood could help themselves if the only abortions they performed were retroactive”?
- In referring to President Obama, why did he use a George W. Bush line once directed at the Iraqi people: “Your enemy is not surrounding your country, your enemy is ruling your country”?
- Were members of the SEIU really like Hitler’s Sturmabteilung, and did he stand by his headline, “Putting the ‘Reich’ in Robert Reich”?
Turns out Jeff never responded. You may agree with some of his statements, and that’s fine, you’re entitled to that. But who honestly thinks this man should continue to serve us? If you’re thinking the same thing I am and that Jeff needs to be escorted out of his office by security perhaps you’ll want to send the Attorney General’s Office a quick email stating that. You’ll find their Email address here: http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/2353.htm.
- Is the Attorney General of Indiana an Idiot? (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Not Your Average Tea Bagger (libelstateofaffairs.wordpress.com)
- Libya: Help Wanted: New State Prosecutor…. (tagg-lines.com)